Sustaining Software Engineering Services
Successful deployments of products yield new challenges – demand for new features, upgrades on latest technology platforms and improvements on price-performance ratio. But it is difficult for businesses to keep upgrading software due to lack of resources, people, money and time. As a result, problems that require sustaining engineering arise. In such scenarios, significant engineering efforts require funded projects for the re-design, qualification and other technical-related activities leading to improvement of parts implement in the fielded systems. The need for sustaining software engineering services that include sustaining porting engineering, sustaining product engineering and sustaining quality-engineering services becomes vital.
For the major customers of our clients requiring one-off special product versions, Commdel provides comprehensive sustaining software engineering services, custom development, testing and quality assurance, porting services that accelerate software non-standard product upgrades and extend offerings for new markets.
Our Sustaining Software Engineering Services include:
- Maintenance of the code base including owning the code tree representing the older versions
- Bug fixes and release patches for the older versions and newer versions
- Custom feature/functionality enhancements
- Re-engineering for porting, migrating, or upgrades on newer platforms
- Retrofitting security patches to the older versions
- End-of-life product support to key customers
- Providing feedback about the customer environment to our product clients
- Continuous integration of sustained products with existing and new IT environment